AN EXHAUSTED PARENT IS…
- One who can’t sleep because of the constant worrying about the kids
- One who tries to balance their home life, work life, family life and personal life with little or no success…unless they have help from their network.
- One who reaches their endzone several times a week
- One who doesn’t have time to eat real food and therefore is not supplying their parental body with the correct nutrients needed for the energy it takes to be a parent.
- One who is challenged constantly and thoroughly, seemingly by anyone and everyone.
- One who is at odds with the other parent, family member, teacher or teenager.
- One who struggles constantly to pay the bills or to put food on the table.
- One who questions if whether or not they are being a good parent or not.
- A parent who does everything ‘right’ and their kids still make stupid choices, even though they were brought up to know right from wrong.
- One who helps a child or other family member through a devastating illness or worse…
- A parent who tries to teach their child to look past all the bad in the world so that the child may grow up to be a compassionate, intelligent and talented adult.
- One who is afraid to ask for help.